Wednesday 15th of DECEMBER ...Zero AGAIN, page-57

1. 37,904 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 422
    DJPT - 321.23
    As everyone knows, tonight’s pin is at the mercy of the Fed Reserve decisions and how Jerome Powell presents them mid afternoon in New York, 2 hours before the DOW closes.

Last time when Powell announced increased tapering of asset purchases (reduced stimulus), the market lapped it up and closed positive, against expectations.

An article I read tonight opined Powell will find it difficult to engineer a soft landing whilst reducing stimulus and then increasing interest rates to try to put the brakes on inflation.

Since that last Fed guidance, inflation has thumbed its nose at the Fed Reserve and increased to rates not seen for 40 years.

Long story short, I am betting tonight’s pin on news the market will find difficult to digest, a significant increase in tapering and bringing forward interest rate increases to 2-3 rises in 2022.

If the Feds go soft tonight they are giving the green light to inflation and any market euphoria will likely be short lived.

But, I have been wrong before … often … err, frequently lol.

Great pin last night zero … happy birthday today AJ …and a very belated happy birthday to LongP for yesterday.

Hang on tonight everyone.

Dex

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.