Good morning dear Mr @dub . Please forgive me for what will be a...

1. 4,152 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1086
    Good morning dear Mr @dub
    Please forgive me for what will be a rather long epistle. I find talking about these life conditions to be therapeutic.
    I am so very sorry for your pain and distress.
    My late reply was due to having time out also due to my condition.
    It is rare when it comes to many health conditions that people can really relate, as everyone is different.
    As you know, you and I have very similar spinal conditions. Spinal stenosis most commonly occurs in the neck and lower back. You and I Mr dub have both.
    I can relate to excruciating pain, impacts to thinking and lack of solutions. I can also relate to seriously impaired physical ability.
    I, like all the other posters, genuinely am sad for your fall and the fright you must of had. It is highly emasculating to feel such loss of muscle and strength.
    Yesterday, my legs crumbled beneath me in pain and I could not walk.
    These progressions in disability while waiting for further treatment play heavily on the mind and spirit.
    There are days when I cannot post due to the misery of the day, so I not only understand why you may be absent but also pray for your strength and well-being.
    The journey is long and arduous, so support and joyful activities are a must in order to have quality of life.
    I am incredibly blessed to have my darling wife, who takes very good care of me but also is my dearest friend.
    You may be able to get a carer under NDIS, the carer can often develop a strong friendship also, I have seen this with my Mother.
    Recently I have had some pain 'relief' from Lyrica.
    The doctors have tried so many drugs over the last 6 years. Lyrica had not been successful. My Doc took my dosage to 300mg and even though I am even more dopey than ever, the pain has decresed most of the time.
    Due to severe nerve compression at L2, L3 and S1, I have lost a massive amount of muscle in my legs (Atrophy). The MRI I had yesterday will go to my GP and Surgeon. I will get a call within the next few days with the prognosis and treatment plan (I hope).
    My neck MRI was not done last night due to a severe and highly disturbing attack of claustrophobia, made extreme due to an asthma attack at the same time.
    I say to Zammy, if I was a horse, they would shoot me out of compassion.
    The nerve blocker injection into my C5 is still scheduled for tomorrow, that in itself is a harrowing thought.
    My prosthetic disc is functioning very well and the C4/C5 fusion is good. The degenerative disease has continued to spread and it is now my C5 disc giving me incredible distress.
    As you can see, I can relate to your current and ongoing distress and pain. I do so hope and pray for you to get some relief, fast recovery from your fall and quick healing of your face.
    For those who hate anything Christian, do not read any further.
    To Dub and all who are suffering..

May the Lord bless you and keep you: may
    The Lord make His face to shine upon you,
    To shine upon you and be gracious, and be gracious unto you.
    The Lord lift up the light of His countenance upon you and give you peace.

Sincerely Ken

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.