XJO 0.86% 7,989.6 s&p/asx 200

That's a big call when the US still has the worst to come with...

1. 367 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 13
    That's a big call when the US still has the worst to come with this virus.

It's bad enough locally but news out of the US once the cases and death rate start to multiply in much larger numbers on a daily basis will just take over the psychology. Things are rational when you're watching and assessing China and Europe from afar, but become emotional when you're assessing your own backyard. And when your job is hanging by a thread, and that safe debt feels less like a good idea every day, and you wished you'd just bought a bit extra food while you had the chance, then rational thought gets thrown out the window.

I think if this is the correction from the run up from the bottom of the GFC, which is due, then we are still a bit light on. Meaning more of the same to come before we finally turn for that next long bull run.

Wouldn't be surprised if they turned the markets off for a few days at some stage if things get too bad. 9/11 was the precedent for that, just to calm things down if they get too wild.

But then anything can happen in the markets, each bull and bear market is different, and we could be building a bottom. Personally I don't think so yet. Follow your buy and sell arrows and at least your emotion is somewhat contained.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.