XJO 0.27% 8,036.5 s&p/asx 200

What a turbulent year! I'm thankful to have my share trading...

1. 183 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 97
    What a turbulent year! I'm thankful to have my share trading account back in the black (as of yesterday) and think many of my trades will set up my super account up well into the medium / long term.

I take this moment to reflect on over 350 000 people who have died globally from Covid-19 and over 100 000 in the US. Even survivors have compromised health effects that are not fully understood at this point in time. Many of those deaths could have been prevented by prudent decision making and judgements based on science. Some world leaders clearly had no comprehension of the concept of exponential growth and the implications that hours and days were critical at the start of the outbreak of infections caused by a novel virus. Every single death represents so much for family and friends.

Most of us as investors and traders understand the impact of opportunity costs. This also applies to crisis events.

Minimising the true impact of Covid-19 on Australia and New Zealand does not realistically take into account what would have happened if swift measures had not been taken by our leaders or by the contributions made my sensible, disciplined and careful communities / agencies. The precautionary principle is such an important scientific concept.

As a volunteer fire fighter I like to take comfort in how many people and homes were saved rather than what was lost.

Yes, we have lost relatively few lives so far but that doesn't mean the threat was trivial.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.