Wednesday 29th April 2020, page-77

1. 11,760 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 587
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2127/2127780-e6eeb9134c0477dd761f74acca47ddb4.jpg
    Hi Zip and any other cycle types. Photo of my bike, newish...well 6 months old now, as we know a couple of months in recent hibernation frown.png Under normal conditions I manage 150km a week and as some pinners know I am of a vintage where I often get the comment "You ride that thing old fella" confused.png

Its a funny thing though, I guess it was about 10 years ago I was speaking with my local pro (a playing pro at that) at my golf course one day. He had asked me to bung in a few bucks for the local NSW Tour De Cure (charity bike ride) We chatted and I recall being a bit gobsmacked when he answered a question. Anyway I had I asked him back then, yeah sure you like to ride.....but if I asked you, is it golf or bike riding for you, I bet I know which….right.

I was dead wrong, he said cycling would win that race by a country mile! cycling was his true sport, I recall walking off to the first tee thinking, what an odd ball....the shame has stayed with me.

Ten years later I am still a member of that same golf club, but rarely play because over those years riding my bike won that race by a country mile! I will be up before sunup on Sunday winter gloves this week, old Sydney Town due for a little winter they say, rain or shine it's my sport.

Anyway this is just a little titbit from an old pinner. Good luck to all on this last April tipping night!

Cheers
    Phil.

For aficionados my bike is a Trek Emonda SLR7 Etap Disk cool.png

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.