Wednesday 6th JANUARY...Nick bags a win, page-85

1. dub
    33,892 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 350
    Hi Nick and Dex,

Just in support of Dex, here's another (also free) from the Apple News article "Why financial markets are now largely embracing the Biden era" -

" ...Those are the potential winners. There are also losers. Shares of property companies have, for example, fallen sharply on concerns that interest rates may rise earlier than expected.

The biggest potential losers from a Democrat clean sweep, though, are seen as the tech giants.Mr Biden threatened them during the presidential election campaign with heavier regulatory scrutiny and calls to restrict the power and influence of the likes of Alphabet - owner of Google - Facebook and Amazon could intensify.

As Paul O'Connor, head of multi-asset at the fund manager Janus Henderson Investors, put it: "Concerns about regulatory intrusion will weigh most heavily on the media, technology and communications behemoths that dominate US indices."James Athey, investment director at the fund manager Aberdeen Standard Investments, added: "More robust antitrust regulation and enforcement have the potential to suck the wind out of Big Tech's sails at a time where valuations there already look increasingly hard to justify."That is one concern. Another is higher corporate taxes which, again, were promised by Mr Biden in the election campaign. Yet those fears may be overblown and most analysts are coming round to the view that radical changes to the US tax code may not happen.... "

Also, there's this one (which is also free) -

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2786/2786523-6143f39974d5b79c6e3b9e750ebc260b.jpg

- Read the Full Article here -

I'll now go back to contemplating my DJPT playing rationale 'though I think I'm just ahead of the timesrolleyes.png

dub

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.