XJO 0.93% 7,889.6 s&p/asx 200

Depends on where in the US you want to put your money I guess....

1. 1,612 Posts.
    Depends on where in the US you want to put your money I guess. Lots of cheap property in the rust belt straight down the centre of USA but you may have to wait a little longer for cheap pickings on the East Coast though California is running out of money so maybe West Coast will be good soon.

My brother has brownstones in New York - still holding up well so wouldn't be putting my money there - rather selling - maybe to move into Argentina or Brazil and park there for a while.

As a rule I am the eternal optimist but fiscally globally I am the eternal pessimist at this point in time. Better to be cashed up.

There are still too many bulls out there which is quite evident by the stupidity of these stock market moves. The big guys are sitting there waiting to take all their money off the table and I think that will be sooner rather than later.

Draw a line on your chart and follow it. When price crosses the line take your profit and get out and wait for a short selling opportunity.

My take is that the market will trend sideways for a bit and break either to the upside or downside. We have to get index options expiry out of the road and a flat market will cause the most pain over the next day. Ifit breaks upside then start a new trendline. If down - go short which a down trend line.

Sell in May and go away still applies. Also it is US tax time so some will be booking profits or losses as the case may be - dangerous time to trade.

O years also tend to be down years.

Read Harry Dent - some interesting stuff in "Next Great Bubble Boom" and it makes sense though he says gold could go down $250 - now that is scary stuff.

The only point I can really make is that globally the financial position is totally stuffed. Printing presses working overtime and the fiat money system are a recipe for disaster and sooner or later fiscal malfeasance has to be paid for. It is time to pay the piper.

Sit on the sidelines until you can conclusively believe that Goldman Sachs has got out of all long positions and is ready to start the next manipulation down.

My charts tell me that from the last low we have broken the up trendline and are making a sideways move. Watch and wait to see how it plays out but I'm opting for it going down.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.