XJO 1.75% 8,092.3 s&p/asx 200

wednesday wedding bliss

1. 490 Posts.
    Thanks to Outandin last week for putting up a cranker, great job.

I was unable to that night as it was the Costa's anniversary. Married for 13 years together for 17.

Back when we tied the knot we holidayed on Hamilton Island for a couple of weeks but the honeymoon proper was planned for a few months later. We were off to the motherland (Greece) for three months. My wife was nervous as well as excited having just gotten used to the attention from the family. Being a fifth generation Aussie & travelling to a country full of Greeks was daunting.

We had been there for a while, having the time of our lives. She had picked up the language well, all the rellies loved her. We would take off to the islands for a week or travel to some ancient ruins, and always coming back to our village which was home base.

On one trip away we hired a car and travelled to the Peloponnese. We arrived one Friday afternoon to the city of Kalamata ( famous for their olives) Unknown to us it was a long weekend. By about 8pm that night we had tried every hotel in the city but could not get a room anywhere.
    Resigned to the fact we would spend the night in the car I approached some old guys at a Taverna explaining my predicament and that we were on our honeymoon.

One of the old blokes said no worries, 2 streets back from here you'll see an old red building go knock on the door tell them Stavros sent you they will find you a room. I couldn't thank them enough. We found the building quite easily, it looked run down, 3 stories tall and needed a lick of paint. I knocked on the door and shortly an old woman in her eighties about 4 foot 6 tall opened for us. I said please we need a room Stavros sent us. She grunted and we followed. Up the stairs she pointed to a door gave me a key and asked if we were staying all night. Confused I replied yes one night. I paid her about $50 cash and she left without a word.

The room was filthy, just a bed and a shared toilet down the hall. We went out and got something to eat. Then it dawned on me, when we got back we layed the sheets on the floor and spent the night there. Suffice to say not much sleep was to be had from the noises we heard all night.

You may have guessed by now but YES I spent a night in a Brothel with my newly wed bride on our honeymoon.

It makes for a good story and I always remember it on our anniversary. I made it up to her the next night when we stayed in a 5 star Hotel down the road & everyday for the last 13 years.

Have a good day everyone
    Cheers
    Costa

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.