WBT 0.40% $2.52 weebit nano ltd

I think XTX and SiEn would be first two to watch. Weebit said...

1. 34,336 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9076
    I think XTX and SiEn would be first two to watch.

Weebit said its ReRAM technology could enhance SiEn’s competitive position by adding “significant non-volatile memory capability” to products manufactured by SiEn and further validate the communal integrated device manufacturer (CIDM) model first pioneered by SiEn.
    SiEn was established by Dr Richard Chang, an engineer with decades of experience and now colloquially known as the “father of the Chinese semiconductor” who developed a manufacturing model that aggregates companies with similar target markets, technologies, production lines and customers to share common manufacturing technology production goals.

Weebit’s chief executive officer Coby Hanoch described Dr Chang as an “industry luminary” with his support serving as a “great vote of confidence” in Weebit’s technology.

“Today there are dozens of fabs under construction in China, but SiEn’s fab is the only one taking the CIDM approach given Richard’s vast experience and knowledge of the market, allowing SiEn to bring together the design and fabrication processes, so instead of working with two separate entities, we can just focus on SiEn,” said Mr Hanoch.

Dr. Richard Chang, Chairman of SiEn, said: “We look forward to our cooperation with Weebit. SiEn will finish constructing two fabs of 200mm and 300mm wafers this year, and we believe Weebit’s technology can be a perfect fit into our offering. Weebit has a very impressive Board and management team and I had the honour of working with Yoav Nissan-Cohen when I was setting up SMIC. Our production line will be based on STMicroelectronic technology, similar to that used by Leti, making the technology transfer simpler, and is expected to bring forward the time required to bring products to market.”

China's XTX adopts Weebit's ReRAM

December 12, 2019 //By Peter Clarke

Flash memory chip company XTX Technology – also known as Paragon Technology – has successfully duplicated measurements on Weebit Nano non-volatile memory chips previously achieved at French research institute Leti.
    The verification of the technology at XTX is an important step to proving the manufacturability of the silicon-oxide based resistive RAM and XTX is now expected to take the memory forward to commercialization. Weebit has also advised that it now expects to develop a memory module for a potential South Korean customer by mid-2020.
    Weebit said it remains on track to transfer its technology to a production fab by December 2020.
    Separately back at Leti Weebit Nano has demonstrated its arrays can be manufactured for embedded applications with a single added mask. The use of just one mask has beneficial implications for the reliability and cost of deploying the silicon-oxide based ReRAM.
    Following the successful external testing of the ReRAM with XTX the two companies have begun investigating how Weebit’s ReRAM memory technology can be integrated into XTX products.
    "We believe ReRAM will boom in the coming three-to-five years, driven by strong growth in 5G and AI. We will continue to work with Weebit to adapt the technology to our needs," said Mark Long, CEO of XTX Technology, in a statement issued by Weebit Nano.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.52
Change
-0.010(0.40%)
Mkt cap ! $476.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.54 $2.60 $2.50 $751.4K 294.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 12841 $2.52

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.54 1700 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WBT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.