WBT 2.98% $1.90 weebit nano ltd

Weebit - 2021and beyond, page-3806

1. 214 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 90
    Hi Peach Tea,
    cost has always been discussed on these threads and perhaps its timely that its brought up again. Just over a year ago @jsbuser put up an excellent post on the importance of cost, yields etc and newer investors might like to read it as well. Post #:42145504

There has been a lot of progress since that post especially around yields and these advances are all in recent announcements. I believe this progress has been taken by the market as major de-risking events and was a big part of the SP starting its ascent.

As for the lack of price talk lately that's hardly surprising. Early in a companies life management is much more likely to make "optimistic" projections and statements to attract interest and investors. Now we are down at the pointy end of things they have to be much more circumspect in what they say because they will be held more accountable. However they still emphasise the cost competitiveness of the tech in presentations. I don't know anything about how contracts at this level are made but it wouldn't surprise me if there were commercial-in-confidence clauses that limit how much info WBT can indulge. Early adopting fabs won't want to give any advantage to their competitors so it may be a long time before we know an accurate cost of producing a chip.

One other point I'll mention here is that we have seen increasing activity by the BEOT - probably- and I think its highly likely these have been contacting industry experts and asking just the sort of questions that you are. The fact they seem to be buying big gives me confidence the answers they're getting are positive.

Its great to finally see some quality questions and responses on these threads. Gives non-expert retail investors like me hope there are rational people out there

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.90
Change
0.055(2.98%)
Mkt cap ! $358.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.84 $1.96 $1.82 $1.648M 868.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 18554 $1.89

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.90 10988 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WBT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.