WBT 3.04% $2.23 weebit nano ltd

Weebit - 2021and beyond, page-4094

1. 4,443 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1829
    Just a bit of fun too. Showing my age here. Intel has a history of some really dud choices.

Its instructive to look back on the history of ARM processors. Digital (DEC), whom I worked for once (loved that company), created a more highly performant version of the ARM chip, called StrongARM. This was manufactured for them by, wait for it, Intel. Intel ended up with the rights for it and eventually a later generation of the ARM architecture became Intel xScale.

So due to pressure in the PC space at the time from AMD, Intel gave up on xScale  and sold off the Division.

And the rest is history on how Intel fluffed its prime place at the queue with the CPU technology that now powers most small devices today.

This article explains how Intel did it better than I can:

https://www.theregister.com/2006/06/28/intel_mobile_failure/

Lets not get me started on Itanium, or "Itanic" as the wags referred to it as. Or their poaching of Dileep Bhandarkar from DEC to Intel. Dileep was the co-designer of the PRISM RISC architecture and went on to do the 64 bit X86 architecture when AMD were cutting their lunch. He also made X86 much more efficient.

Yes, Intel definitely need help. And often will go and find it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.