WBT 0.26% $1.92 weebit nano ltd

Weebit - 2021and beyond, page-4290

1. 4,397 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8514
    Thanks to the previous US administration slamming shut on SMIC and Highway smile.png(because they are both directly sponsored by Beijing) the bottle neck has tightened - SMIC are doubling down but without decent 14nm finfets ( poor design metrics leading to poor yield) and they're looking to work double patterning which has its own set of difficulties for them...currently max 2% revenues from 14nm.....they cannot source equipment for the smaller geometries......China is absolutely going to start to use the bear hug on Taiwan.....

China consumes 60% of the global semiconductor production and produces just slightly higher the 15% .....we know they are suffering supply issues - they're not alone there though...

Memory ?
    You need a good process flow recipe and access to tools to succeed in memory - thats why SiEN (Chang) is doing what they're doing...if you're going to run NAND you need equipment that runs super high ratio etches ......LAM has these and no-one else - if you can't get em you're screwed....EUV tools they don't have and can't get (you need em if you want to scale at and below 5nm - fab critical you might say for developing advanced memory tech....thats what WBT bring to SiEN - enablement = $$$$$

These guys in China need partners to succeed - that's the fact of it - no politics - simple dollar related and progress related reality

Again that's the reason for the bear hug policy with Taiwan

Important to remember that these US policies are also hurting themselves - the supply line to China is a 40 - 50B industry in equipment sales - guys like ASML EUV, Applied Materials, LAM etc etc these guys want to keep doing business in the region - they're hurting - they see Chinas' expansive drive as a massive opportunity the likes of which the industry has never seen....

I could go on but its a hard read im guessing - enough to keep front and centre of mind XTX and SiEN - real world opportunities of a size and nature that will blow minds - thats why the management of WBT are saying what they're saying ...who else is able to negotiate this path atm globally - no one is my answer - hang on -its going to be....soulman, are you there? biggrin.png

just keeping it real - all in my own opinion

looking forward to the fab / XTX news flow...or any other for that matter - be assured - its coming

GLA

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.92
Change
-0.005(0.26%)
Mkt cap ! $361.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.97 $1.99 $1.92 $1.285M 663.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 21248 $1.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.92 4652 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WBT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.