WBT 0.26% $1.92 weebit nano ltd

Sorry for delayed reply,I have been involved in writing software...

1. 1,416 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 254

Sorry for delayed reply,

I have been involved in writing software for telephony systems, unix based business systems, AI systems. Typically very demanding real time applications that had to be custom written where performance was important as it connected people with technology and various queueing system (Can write in lots of languages assembly language, C, C++, C#, through to more concurrent languages like Erlang) . The last one was a real time system using AI that determined the likely profitability of leads in real time based on the individual qualities of available sales agents capable of taking the call. Haven't written anything for a few years now though. I have spec'd and deployed 24/7 systems requiring 99.99% uptime which included all the routers, switches storage systems, battery backup, generators and distributed processing systems required. So I have reasonable knowledge levels but happy to be corrected if I am wrong.

My comments were based on where I believe they are at today and that is they would look more at the IOT and embedded market not the storage market for customers because they are still a couple of years from providing more higher capacity memory for use in general devices like SSD's and smart phone storage. I would be extremely happy if I was wrong in this view as that would mean the addressable market right now is huge and they should have zero trouble obtaining their first customer. Everything also has to be looked at in context, for example in a smart phone a 100nit screen probably uses around 1 watt vs an SSD in standby mode (which is where it is at most of the time) is just 50 milliwatts. CPU's are harder because companies like Apple have gotten smarter and use the Arm architecture and create multiple specific purpose CPU's so that a lot of them can be asleep most of the conserving power, hence why their laptops that use the M1 chip are so much more power efficient than an Intel based chip. In embedded systems I agree that speed and memory savings are very important but then the addressable market is reduced as well, my comments were more aimed at the storage market where on a relative basis it is not as important as better longevity/endurance which is the major bugbear of flash.

It would be much easier to say one way or another if they had proper specs and capabilities/capacities that would be available to customers and I do not have any of that so I have just made assumptions based on what the marketing material says. Hopefully you can provide more colour in this area beyond the marketing materials of 1000 x 1000 which is not terribly helpful.

I am bullish on the tech still, not so bullish on the timing. If they announce they have a customer in the coming weeks then the share price will rise again, it all comes down to whether COVID has delayed their plans or not.

Last edited by beaches811: 24/06/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.92
Change
-0.005(0.26%)
Mkt cap ! $361.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.97 $1.99 $1.92 $1.285M 663.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 21248 $1.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.92 4652 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WBT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.