WBT 3.47% $3.06 weebit nano ltd

as simply as I understand it - potentially the gate for a...

1. 4,170 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8096
    as simply as I understand it - potentially the gate for a customer/s is wide open:

a) pure play foundry b) IDM Fab and or fabless c) ASIC ....IC design company c) or retail customer in the fields relating to sensors, AI, automotive, IC power management, computers, fpgas' etc etc -

a) pure play foundry
    tier 2 foundry looking to gain market share and cost competitive advantage in chip / product to existing or new customer can adopt weebit technology in their manufacturing line and improve their margins and repeat customer orders ....and so grow their business to the advantage of a tier 1 operation....very appealing for the tier 2 to follow this route

b) IDM fab / fabless
    ability to adopt weebit technology and offer cheaper device manufacting cost to customer improving margins across the manufacturing chain in the process and expose weebit to the device manufacturers fab as it transferable to 150mm - 200mm/ 300mm production operations with no additional retooling or capex spend - cheapest cost per bit production and no line downtime for the fab = no lost market downtime for customer and increased margins....win - win - win

c) Asic - IC design company ....as per b) with the additional value that the weebit product has been fully sub system tested ( or is about to be very shortly wink.png ) so the only additional cost here would be customer use case alterations/ modificatons in their required design

Any of the above is an open market gate and that is only becoming more appealing as time goes by because wbt technical and management teams continue to bring product developments to the floor for industry to view and recognise .... as per the latest OTS oxide rram selector.

Verification continues inhouse on these developments /SoC which again continues to value add and derisk the company and technology.
    A fair amount of comment here is that verification has no value as its just showing the chip works....well....SoCs' these days are becoming more and more loaded with design and operational requirements ...that equals more and more IPs' that are contained on that single chip for those design implementations / customer requirements ...which means functionality must be used cased tested in house for each and every single one of those function paths....

the wbt technical team / CEA Leti write test use cases for this process - industry norm here to complete this process alone is 7 to 9 months depending on the design....this process is generally about 30% of the SoC development cost ....the engineers must ensure no gaps exist in the verification process....if gaps or errors are found in the customer use case approval process it is extremely costly for any company developing and bringing chips to market both in $$$$ terms and reputational damage.
    This is all done with wbt in house and with their design/ development partner CEA leti - experts in the field of exactly this process.
    a huge production / cost development advantage IMO

with all this in mind the main considerations are cheapest cost per bit production with no to zero adoption cost of wbt tech into foundry / fab / fabless ASIC - IC etc etc thereby providing immediate return on investment to use case adopter no matter who they are as per above.

Regarding point a) ...tier 1s' are now also a huge possibility to adopt IMO as well due to this demand delerium going on ....sure perhaps its hard to get a slot in a production facility due to huge demand increase in orders and ordering excess which is currently occurring BUT the opposite is also just as relevant and worthy of consideration imo - If I were one of these fabs in top capacity production with all resources at maxed utilisation I'd be talking seriously with anyone who could improve my bottom line with minimal production disruption across one of my lines (150mm/200mm or potentially 300mm wafer line) for any of my customers where the technology is applicable in conjunction with my other fab line runs as it provides greater profitability in the immediate term and moving forward across the time horizon of production..$$$$

Im sure I'v missed some stuff here so happy to be corrected anywhere as always smile.png
    something to think about

these are my own speculations as always - news flow eagerly awaited - stay patient and ignore the noise all

GLA

Last edited by Flectional: 03/07/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.06
Change
-0.110(3.47%)
Mkt cap ! $577.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.20 $3.21 $3.03 $1.196M 386.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 21368 $3.05

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.06 3031 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$3.07
  Change
-0.110 ( 2.75 %)
Open High Low Volume
$3.22 $3.22 $3.03 72319
Last updated 15.59pm 02/05/2024 ?
WBT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.