WBT 4.49% $1.86 weebit nano ltd

Weebit - 2022 and beyond, page-2463

1. 232 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 142
    Its a bit of a waste of time because you can bet any set of numbers used will be way off the mark (+ or -) by the time 2027 arrives but......

I think someone has already said (but some here seem to constantly overlook) that the market size quoted by Coby is the IP revenue (i.e. royalty stream) not the value of the chips sold, so you do not need to discount that number by an assumed royalty %.

So the value to WBT will be what % market-share of that stream it can capture. i.e. as an example if we use as an assumption that reram captures 30% of the emerging NVM market and WBT captures 1/3 of the Reram market then that is (about) $100M per year to WBT. You could do your own modelling and take a guess at what % of the market you think Reram will take and then overlay what % of that number you think WBT will capture.

CH is quoting numbers from an independent semiconductor market analyst but has not given guidance as to what "assumptions" he would use to calculate a valuation for WBT, nor should he. That is up to you.

I personally would be (pleasantly) surprised if WBT could hit US$100M revenue by 2027 but am not counting it out. Given the high growth multiples available in the market the value of WBT with $100M in revenue and a CAGR around the industry growth rate (70%+) would be orders of magnitude above where it is today.

As always, just my opinion so definitely wrong.

DYOR.
    SC

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.