WBT 2.40% $2.44 weebit nano ltd

Weebit - 2023 and beyond, page-1166

1. 85 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 39
    Under the ASX continuous disclosure rules, a company is not obliged to make an ASX announcement every time they have good or bad news, but as soon as good or bad news is believed to have left the four walls of the company, i.e. become known to any outsiders, they need to make an announcement so that the information becomes equally available to everyone.

So the ASX speeding ticket isn't asking "do you have any news?", it's asking "is there any reasons to believe that the movement in the share price is due to information that may have begun to become known by some people?".

By "four walls of the company" I include partners, suppliers, potential customers etc. These 3rd parties usually have signed confidentiality agreements or even if they haven't, it's not good business for them to be breaking Weebit's confidentiality and leaking information before the company chooses to release it via an ASX announcement.

So when Weebit answered "No" to the speeding ticket earler this week, it does not mean there's no news coming soon.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.