WBT 0.44% $2.28 weebit nano ltd

There are other who would provide cleaner and more technically...

1. 758 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 351
    There are other who would provide cleaner and more technically accurate descriptions but I'll give it a go in plain language based on my understanding

Technology Transfer
    This has been described as transferring the specific "recipe" for the ReRam cell. Using a cooking analogy it would include the ingredients list, the equipment required, the cooking time and temperature and all the intermediate process steps.

Once the technology transfer has been completed then the fab would be able to commence a production run of cells on wafers. I'm not sure but this first production run might be included within the technology transfer. As we know it can take weeks / months from the start to the end of the production line.

Before you start qualification you need multiple wafers from multiple batches to ensure you have sufficient samples to prove yield, efficacy and efficiency.

Approximately a 12 month process?

Qualification
    I think you need to be careful using terminology of "prototype". We might be qualifying a design specific to a customer specific requirement.

Approximately a 12 month process but with repetition and experience this can be improved.

Subsequent Qualifications
    Please keep in mind that every single design needs to be qualified. So this is a process that needs to be completed every single time.

Payments
    1. NRE - engineering fees that can be invoiced up front (potential for near term)
    2. License payments - normally charged up front but could also be milestone based (potential for near term).
    3. Royalties - as the name suggests. Are a factor of end-customer product sales and are therefore variable (long-term goal where you show me the money).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.28
Change
0.010(0.44%)
Mkt cap ! $430.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.30 $2.41 $2.26 $1.908M 823.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 3083 $2.27

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.28 428 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WBT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.