WBT 1.21% $2.51 weebit nano ltd

Weebit - 2024 and beyond, page-180

1. 1,244 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 873
    @wazzie2

honestly I don't think I'm a strong advocate for shorting. It has a place in bigger stocks and it's best to avoid spec stocks with short interest in them if you're going long. Pretty easy to identify stocks with big short interests as they have to state it! I pass on loads of trades if MUFG are on the register. Plenty of opportunities out there.

What I am a strong advocate for is having a trading system and risk management. A person generously gave their thoughts a few posts back on the valuation and concluded there was no setup for him/her. It got barely any attention (a good thing, considering how contrarians are handled around here).

To quickly touch on all the examples of where sophisticated entities have an edge over retail (that you outlined) - yeah, totally. Simply don't try and compete with them. As retail you have to find an edge and a system you can apply on every trade or investment. I'm not saying it's technical analysis at all, it can be your superior research skills, business evaluation skills, market fundamental skills, the size of your account allows you to be nimble etc. Trying to compete with HFT on a home fiber connection against a hundred million dollar setup right next to the exchange isn't going to work. Do due diligence and understand the register. WBTs growing short position and chart AND valuation were signals. I think people just don't like admitting they were caught off guard, or they think the market is wrong and they're right or any number of things.

The usual loud minority will have a go at me and that's fine, but all this droning on about shorts surely is detrimental to ones focus. What a waste of energy when you could be out understanding how to be a better investor.

The last thing I'll say is that retail are the ones who hold a stock in a decline and are typically the ones who think adding to it, effectively compounding their losses, is smart because they alone know the true value and that the market is wrong. Don't listen to these people. They might be right once or twice, but typically blow accounts up and become very negative about markets.

and because someone is gonna spit their coffee all over their screen - no, I am not saying that buying wbt today is buying it in a down trend.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.51
Change
0.030(1.21%)
Mkt cap ! $474.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.52 $2.58 $2.50 $1.029M 404.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1855 $2.51

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.54 614 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WBT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.