WBT 1.60% $1.84 weebit nano ltd

Weebit - 2024 and beyond, page-1910

1. MTV
    1,807 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 615
    "Weebit should be winning on low cost, but capacity, power and write speeds I don't think so."

Trade-off is the name of the game in engineering. WBT wins on most performance parameters compared to current competitors. No one knows what the future might hold, but WBT's capacity, power dissipation, write speed, endurance and retention are all plenty good enough for the majority of use cases.

For example, the laptop I am using right now has a 256GB SSD, and I've had it for 10 yrs. The comparison to my previous machine running a slowly dying HDD was like night and day. A year after I got it, I took the opportunity of the free upgrade to Win 10 and the speed almost doubled again. Immediately after the upgrade, I timed the boot-up at about 8s. I could be up and running in Word in about 12 to 13 seconds from a cold start. At the time here was no shortage of people warning me that the SSD would not last, but it's still going strong and in perfect health. WBTs ReRAM has probably at least twice the retention and 10 times the endurance, would be about 100 times faster and consume about 1/100 the power. So how much performance and service life does the average user need? My laptop is faster than me most of the time, and the SSD will probably outlive the rest of machine.

Only in highly demanding niche applications will considerations of performance trump cost. One of the main determinants of cost is economy of scale, so the race is on between existing players to scale up production.

All IMO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.