Hi TestPilot - good to see your view. I'm just a beginner with...

1. 2,416 Posts.
    Hi TestPilot - good to see your view. I'm just a beginner with pitchfork analysis - and very much learning on the job-with help from T91 and bones. BUT - a couple of thoughts - yes they seem to take into account a lot of other ways of looking at the market action as you say. I think they work in longer time frames - if you look back at my 14yr chart (two days ago)I think it shows pretty clearly the long pitchfork is holding and that 2003 to 2008 was truly a bubble. On the basis of what I see on the charts , I do not see us safely returning to 2007 levels for MANY years.
    I'd be pretty interested though to start plotting
    on a log scale over this length of time but will need new software. I can see this makes a better long term view from the interactive charts even with Etrade but if its there with Incredibles I can't find.
    Also I wonder how much of what we see on charts is personality dependent? I know I see the longer stuff better - short term I'm not so good - but then I used to swim long distance, did a long degree, stick at things perhaps too long and generally like to take the big pic view. Others see the detail better and short term stuff - and I think its to do with the chartist's personality as much as the charting tools. A

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.