MPJ 0.00% 0.0¢ mining projects group limited

Week Ahead (15-19th June), page-2

1. M17
    2,863 Posts.
    Copied over from @PoetPlus

Good on you M17xR3
    Yes coppashaft, they were the good old days at AVB, especially in 2010.
    I made a heap then, mainly from the options but then the shares went from 2c to around 16c on a nice copper hit out of the blue.
    That is an 8-fold rise. No reason MPJ cannot follow suit in the same circumstances.
    As I see it, the same scenario presents now with MPJ.
    They also have extremely good ground (at Roe Hills) and top technical management. So I am hoping for a repeat. A small painful toe in the water at SEG has not put me off nickel. SEG was just a hit-miss thing that they had to do. I like the scientific and methodical approach at MPJ. They are explaining what they are doing. The market is very twitchy about good nickel finds and a good hit with all that it implies for the rest of the Talc conductors and extensive strike should really kick things on. Everyone would be shouting .. "the next SIR etc.." or ".. next Kambalda". Well good on them, even if it isn't necessarily true. The higher the jumping-off share price now, the better for the ultimate SP.
    A less than exciting intersection will of course deflate things.
    If the first hole is a diamond or half-and-half RC/Diamond and is a miss, they will at least gain some insight into the local geology to better target the next shot at the big one, indicated by the Target Conductor.
    Their map only shows the Main Target Conductors. It is possible that elevated conductivity extends more or less continuously between these conductors, and elsewhere.

These targets are.... "within geologically favourable positions along strike from known mineralisation across the Talc Lake and Hooton Prospects. "
    Geologically favourable. I interpret that to be at the projected/modelled basal contact zone... ore sitting in embayments. They have said that is what they are chasing.
    One factor to seriously consider is the end of Tax Year.
    If there is very good news, then some of the heavies (incl Directors) in MPJ would likely not want to see a big SP jump on 29th June say. For tax purposes, shares can be valued at market on 30th June.
    Instead, a rise on 1st July has the effect of deferring gains/tax ... so with only two weeks to go, and cores requiring halving etc and assaying it would be kinder financially if any announcement was delayed until after 30th June. Being so close to EOFY, I cannot see them making any earth-shattering announcements in this FY. It would be cruel to do so.
    So I am relaxed for the next 16 days anyway. Might go and hang around the Kalgoorlie pub in the meantime and listen for those rumours, coppashaft ! Beer-drinking marathon.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MPJ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.