CTP 0.00% 5.2¢ central petroleum limited

Would it really make much difference if a trillion tonnes of...

1. 534 Posts.
    Would it really make much difference if a trillion tonnes of deep, non-minable, low gas content coal is proved? I know it can be converted to gas and liquids, but many other companies in Australia and around the world would have similar resources. For example, Arrow Energy mention that on their website that the area they are drilling in China has a resource of *six* trillion tonnes of coal. If each tonne of coal can produce about 20 GJ of gas, so six trillion tonnes can produce 120 trillion GJ, which is 120 million PJ. However, Arrow aren't interested in this, only in the 1000 PJ CSG resource the coal may contain.

http://www.arrowenergy.com.au/page/Projects/China/

The point of this example is that that there is a hierarchy of the various resources depending on the difference between cost of production and price of the final commodity. Oil is by this measure probably most valuable, then conventional gas, then coal seam gas, then shale gas, and lastly UCG/CTL. I'm not sure where helium fits in; at a guess I'd say between oil and conventional gas.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $38.48M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 292051 4.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.1¢ 500000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.