XJO 1.29% 7,861.2 s&p/asx 200

I haven't posted for years, but just started to get interested...

1. 239 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    I haven't posted for years, but just started to get interested again and enjoy following this thread. You guys seem to know what you're talking about.

Interested in anyone's thoughts as to why AUS vs USA indices so wildly out of kilter in recent years. Divergence especially obvious and accelerating these past 5 years for some reason.

Between 1997-2004/5; and 2011-2016, we pretty much held our own against the US. During the GFC years and immediate aftermath, we were actually ahead, thanks largely to China's help (I think).

Are we simply not so excited about investing in this country these days [more in love with property] compared with our US brothers and sisters? Or is there something more fundamental behind why we seem to be losing ground at an amazing rate of knots?
    Certainly indicates (or seems to) why not investing internationally is a lost opportunity.

To get back to parity, either we need to enjoy a sustained rise in stock prices or DOW/S&P 500 indices due a kick in the proverbials.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3013/3013907-80e7a213b3fb8048e2ee6d655a0f353b.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.