XJO 0.33% 7,724.3 s&p/asx 200

Weekemd Charting and Chat - 20 June 2014, page-2

1. 9,401 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5077
    In America:

SP500 +0.17%, Dow Industrials +0.15%, Nasdaq100 +0.05%, Russell 2000 +0.37%, Transport +0.21%

The day followed the standard script for OpEx Day – narrow range, high volume.

Range on the SP500 was extremely narrow - the narrowest in % terms in the past 100 trading days shown on this chart. I looked back a bit further than this and still couldn't see a narrower range day.

Here’s the detailed chart of the SP500:

The Index has been up for six days in a row. Seven days up is rare. But Monday, lately, has been relatively positive – so there’s a chance.

This is set up for a pullback. Six days up and very overbought. MACD Histogram might be setting up a negative divergence. Since early April, bears haven’t been able to sustain a downward push for more than two or three days. Maybe I’m brain-washed – but looking at this I can’t see much chance of a correction.

Commodities:

CRB Index +0.38%. That increase was largely due to a good session in Industrial Metals +0.66%. Copper was again very strong, +1.34%. Precious Metals continued upwards +0.35%.
    Ozzie Stocks in New York: BHP -0.79%, Rio Tinto -0.4%, Westpac -0.46%, ANZ -0.57%. EWA -0.34%.

Ozzie Dollar -0.15%.

XJO in Australia on Friday was down -0.79%. Given the AUD depreciation, the falls in the Ozzie stocks in New York were quite muted.

Full weekly report tomorrow.

Redbacka

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.