XJO 1.34% 7,971.1 s&p/asx 200

weekend 1st aid and plan of attack, page-15

1. 9,438 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5208
    Importance of 195DMA?

Nothing special - except it seems to have a nice attraction to the number five and three.

195/3 = 65
    65/5 = 13
    195/5 = 39
    39/3 =13

Why should 195 be any more special than the 200 Day Moving Average - the old standby for the demarcation between bull and bear markets? I suppose it might just provide a slight edge in thinking. "An intense anticipation itself transforms possibility into reality; our desires being often but precursors of the things which we are capable of performing." Samuel Smiles.

Of course, I jest.

The significance of any singular item in the panoply of technical analysis is, in my opinion, slight. Make of it what you will.

It is the synthesis of many data points that is important.

Of course, in lieu of that get a black box computer system or a rigid set of trading rules like the Turtle Traders.

Ahhh - what say ye of Wizards and Conjurors, O Wise One? And he sayeth: "Wizards and Conjurors are mighty with with occult sapience - bring on the magic wands, the mystical numbers. the astrologers, and all manner of esoteric machinations." (Smiles.)

It's late at night for me. And a glass or two of Sav Blanc too many. Time for bed.

Good luck,
    Redb

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.