Weekend Aftermarket Lounge 27th Feb - 2nd March, page-122

1. 3,736 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 13
    On the trading topic, I found the biggest killer when starting out was chasing a trade. These days I find myself only in a trade for as minimal as 20mins in a whole day. Starting out I had the idea that I had to have my capital somewhere in order to make money... Not a good approach.

I also found that the mindset plays havoc when you're trying to "recover a loss", or win back a profit...

I'm only what you'd call a Mum and dad trader lol, but still managed to be about $15k down last year and decided to take a break.

Since coming back with a different and more patient mindset and a different approach, I'm now well and truly in profit and that was from starting with 10% of the capital I started with last year.. (Purchased a couple of properties last year).

QBL I lost a crapload of profit when they went into suspension.. And from there, lead me to chase those profits back to the point of making a loss.

These days I have a tight stop and walk away if that hits and don't look back.

I've read all the books I've tried the whole FA vs TA or even both approach, but the risk vs reward in addition to payout ratio approach seems to work.

The other thing is feel... With more experience and watching the action unfold, some you get a feel about. Not the best analysis approach but sticking to risk vs reward it seems to work ok

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.