weekend charting 30 july 2 october, page-54

1. 8,720 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 81
    Hey Scilly thanks for the ADR thoughts on fx trading. Maybe this is a bit off-topic for the charting thread, but I'll chance it that there's a tangible connection - I have 2 questions from someone who is still a relative newbie on fx charting/trading to those out there who are more experienced (i.e. PB and others):

1. I twigged only recently when I was charting some currency pairs i'm following that price seemed to better respect highs/lows when it came to drawing trendlines and S & R levels than closing prices. My conclusion was that highs/lows are the more valid points to take for trendlines/S&R levels than closing prices, in contrast to charting stocks (where I normally try to fit closing prices) - because fx being continuous 24/5 markets the concept of a closing price is less valid than any given high/low. Is that correct?

2. I see on charts from a couple of sources (IG and IC) that data for euro pairs goes back way before 2002 when the euro was formed - anyone have an idea how this can be??? For example data on IC for the EU goes back more than 30 years, and on IG to 1980.

Any thoughts, particularly on Q2, would be appreciated, cos I cant get my head around that one. Cheers, Sharks.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.