XJO 0.23% 7,682.0 s&p/asx 200

Weekend Charting and Chart, page-36

1. 16,819 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 356
    I don't believe in moon stuff either however there are instances where it appears uncannily influential. To me this is tied up with the emotional psyche of the investor

This is because when something out of the norm happens and it's a moon date you remember that ,right ,it was the moon.

But when nothing happens you don't say ,oh well ,the moon dates didn't work ,it's just normal like any other time . And when something abnormal happens out of the moon cycle you don't align that with a lack of power of the moon dates do you.

So something's always happening . When the moon dates are involved you can be sure as hell certain something strange will happen to somebody ,occasionally something strange happens to a lot of people.

Personally I don't think it's the moon . It's just statistics ,probability ,chance.

But by the same token I don't see anything wrong with being a moon follower . It's likely on the same level as the dartboard i.e ahead of most scholarly attempts at understanding the market.

Anything that instills discipline into the investor ,however wierd or unconnected ,if it's a set of rules that gives a reason for actions ,is likely to provide better results than the guesswork that most apply ,because when your guessing and have to make a choice our humanness seems to inevitably steer us down the wrong track .

I do however enjoy the thoughts of the moon followers ,and also those who rely on the stars . The star signs tell each of us why we are unusual ,talented and gifted ,many with gifts that have yet to see the light of day to the rest of humankind.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.