XJO 0.10% 7,767.5 s&p/asx 200

Weekend Charting and Chat - 7th August 2015, page-7

1. 9,419 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5115
    Yeah, G'day Punters,

It's Bob the Barman here.  Barman at the Back Bar of the Imperial Hotel in Cloncurry.

As youse all know, I'm a great mate of the old redbacka.  We goes back a long ways - back to the days of the Bird Watchers Bar in Cavill Avenue, Slurpers Paradise.

I cum up here to the Curry in 1968 with me Missus Beryl.  We drove all the way in me FJ Holden - still going strong - the old FJ.  They don't make 'em like they used to.  In fact - they're not making them any more.  Can you imagine it.  Australia with no Made In Australia Holden Cars.  The country's doomed I tell ya.

I digress.  Back in 1968 I cum up here to the Curry and  that's when the Old Backa went off to Canada to take a squizz at the Eskimos and the Icy Pole Bears.

Anyways, we've always kept in touch ever since.

Where's all this leading, did I hear you ask?  Good question.

Well - the Old Backa rang me in a bit of a tizz this arvo.  Not like him.  Usually as cool as an Icy Pole hisself, he is.

But - he needed a helpin' hand.  He had to take his missus out to dinner - he always does on a Friday evening.  Then after dinner he had to go out to the International Airport in Brissie to meet some codger called Lachie.  Now, it seems that Lackie was in a spot of bother.  His dad, some bloke called Rupert, had asked him to look after some business or other (dunno what it was) but it was going backside over turkey.  And Lackie wanted to get the old Backa's advice on what to do.

So - poor old Backa - didn't have time to write an important bit about stocks and shares for the Hot Copper mob.  That's youse lot.

Now - that's where I come in.  He asked me - given as how I have a bit of inside goss from all the hob nobs talking here in the Back Bar - could I fill in for him.

Waaaaaaaallllllllllllll.  You've always got to help a mate out when they're in a bit of a pickle.

So here goes.  I've been getting an earful from all the blokes in here.  They must know a thing or three - always dress like they're about to be presented to Her Majesty (Bronwyn Bishop) in their R.M.Williams Boots and Akubra hats.

I've talked it over with Beryl - and we've come to the conclusion that the Australian Stock Market can only do one of three things.   Here's a little picture of what we decided.  (This, my dear friends, is called Technical Analysis).

Screen Shot 2015-08-07 at 11.40.30 PM.png

So - now don't go telling anyone Technical Analysis can't tell you a thing or three.  It's always R I G H T.

By the way.  We're running a bit of a poll here in the Back Bar - you're willing to vote if you're so inclined.

What's the most disgraceful/disreputable performance in Australia's history?

1.  The current Australian Cricket Team.

2. The Abbott Government.  (That's one for the Labor Voters).

3.   The Gillard Government.  (That's one for the Liberal Voters).

4.  Trevor Chappel bowling under-arm (that's one for all the Kiwis.)

5.  Vote for Lust (the racehorse that ran in 90 races but never one won).

Happy Voting.

Oh - You can also cast a vote for anybody or anything else you can think of.

Bob the Barman.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.