Also a lady asked Vegas about which resistance is more important...

1. 14,914 Posts.
    Also a lady asked Vegas about which resistance is more important - the resistance further back in time or the one that is closer to where price is now, and there was a bit of confusion as to how to go about it.

For me it's simple. The closer the major resistance is to current price, the more significant it is. So you need to define what is noise, and what is a significant move. The easiest way to do this is to move up a time frame and usually you will spot the bigger swings quite easily. So out of those larger swings, the one closest to current price is of more importance.

Thats the way I look at it...but also like Vegas said, its somthing you just "pick up" over time. Like eventually the important resistance will stick out. And this is also not a hard and fast rule, its just generally what I do. But if there is significant horizontal restance somewhere on the chart, then that also needs to be considered - resistance that has gone back many many months or years. It might sound like a contradiction, but its not, its just a kind of balance and I guess this is truelly whats meant by "reading" the chart as opposed to just laying on a set of rules.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.