weekend lounge short term trading: 21-23rd dec, page-10

1. 3,654 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Hi All STT'ers

Well the end of the world on Fri night turned out to be a bit of a fizzer, woke sat with the usual hangover and appears all is still well with our world,

Perhaps those mayans were just having an LOL moment.

Anyway back to reality,

Free, thanks for your resonse on Fri, yes I also intend to do some reaserch over the next 10 days (Holiday)while I have a chance and yes cash flow will once again be king!

You mention themes/thoughts and Ideas, well here is just a few from me that I think may have legs going into 2013.

Tin - supply/demand equation = higher prices and aussies tin companies currently sitting on long term lows.

Copper- should have a good year, supported by new build US housing bounce, If you believe that will happen.

Uraninum- Not just because of higher price/pound but because next year is the end of the megatons - megawatts (google for explanation) program, not 100% sure of how much cold war stuff is left but expecting it will add fuel to the fire of supply demand.

GOLD- silver- I think will have a strong bounce but I have a lower target in both that I think will be hit first

My dice have already been rolled with my recent pics/tips and the Chart software is now turned OFF for a head clearing break.

I Picked up some reasonably large positions this week where I see value/long term support in a few companies that dabble in the sectors mentioned above. Some are speccy but some are more mid caps that have been smashed down. They have all been mentioned on this thread in the last 7-14 days and I intend to be longer term positions for next 5mths+

So I currently have 6 open long positions, and holding approx 50% cash.

US Fisc cliff=media circus= st volitility= giving people just one last thing to worry about going into the end of the year= Bullshit!. Do you realy think they will inflict self harm in this fragile environment.

The main indicators I follow for US indicies remain on buy signals, may be a St pull back to retest of support at 1422 in SP500(it needs to be tested). While that level holds I see the BUllS running amock in the first 3-5mths of 2013. Good conditions for us, and will be going in fully committed.

However If that level fails I will change my view to a ST correction that will have stronger legs.

My Thanks go to the capt'n for his relentless efforts and all who regurlarly contribute to the ST thread, wishing you all a very safe and happy christmas.

Now for some beach cricket with the kids!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.