Hi Pinto."I am interested to see what you are trying to achieve...

1. 3,690 Posts.
    Hi Pinto.

"I am interested to see what you are trying to achieve that can't be done with fairly normal sector analysis."

Just a couple of points to me made. If you use ready made indices you have to understand how they are calculated. Such as the Dow will be calculated differently from the ASX200. I did look into this years ago and by memory the ASX200 is weighted by market capitalisation when the company joined the index. The Dow I think is not weighted but I am really a bit too lazy to check.

I may be ignorant but I couldn't find for example a tin sector index for the ASX. Maybe I didn't look hard enough but anyway I have my own now. Is there a Mining Services index for example?

"And, we are in a short term trading forum here. Can you confirm that what your are doing is strictly related to ST?"

I have no idea Pinto. Maybe it is an inappropriate forum for what I am doing.

"like you "trying to get an overview of the market" - but in my case - NOT the stocks or even necessarily sectors -
    but the PUNTERS ------- those who drive the vol and price."

I like the idea but wouldn't it be easier to just look at the change in volume. It is an interesting thought though especially for those breakaway type stocks, where a lazy stock averaging 1 post per day suddenly has 50.

I wonder how you would collect the data automatically.

Cheers Bone

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.