weekend lounge short term trading 6 -8th dec, page-33

1. 83,461 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    hi bonehead,

thanks for your reply. A couple of points.

""And, we are in a short term trading forum here. Can you confirm that what your are doing is strictly related to ST?"

I have no idea Pinto. Maybe it is an inappropriate forum for what I am doing."

Very appropriate I think - I just wanted to get a better picture of where you thought or didn't think you were going with it.

I think it is valuable and I certainly see that it might be very good to have eg. a tin index. It is also valuable to be able to ditch some things out of common indices - eg. ditch ncm out of gold to get a clearer pic. of the rest.

"I like the idea but wouldn't it be easier to just look at the change in volume."

Certainly easier - but, I suspect something can be captured before volume - a rising punter interest before they actually bet.
    I think it might be there (that building emotional interest before commitment) - the only way would be to see if it indeed is there and then see if it leads volume etc..

I am not even sure what one might make of it - but it might be as simple as signalling early which sector might fire - hard to know what value it would be worth, but probably worth exploring.

God knows how you would collect the info. auto.

I have to mull it over for a while and then of course it will have to be played with.

Basically one would be charting pentup emotion I guess - and trying to second guess where it is going to explode before it does - and before any ACTUAL vol/price because of ACTION.

Hmmmmm, even when I write that it feels like it would be valuable. Sort of ground floor stuff.

Anyway - you have a great night and thank you for your thoughts - I will watch your work with interest.

Pinto

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.