Weekend ponderings, page-745

1. 22,029 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 261
    I've got some bias for you Zip. biggrin.png Plus your up early or more likely up late in WA.

I wouldn't go as far as calling them 'innocent' beneficiaries of the turbulent world but beneficiaries they are for sure and thus the US$ is still numero uno out there when it comes to world currencies, their dollar is also benefitting from being the most exuberant when it comes to rate rises and the actual level of rates although NZ has certainly given them a good nudge along too unlike our slow dovish RBA, we haven't even got interest rates above inflation yet and thus are still in stimulus mode when looking at real rates, might be why our inflation isn't dipping like those with higher rates.

I do wonder if the US$ can remain the boss moving forward with China and the Brics starting to do some flexing, surely we can't and shouldn't just move from one fake money to another like the Yuan and i don't think theres any hope for the Euro to take US$'s place. However i do see some issues with the current US$ from other countries point of view and anyone that would prefer a level playing field for all, aka fairness.

In the past some none US countries have had to go bust due to bad management or as you say mismanagement so it certainly wasn't permanent for them, however in the US it's been mismanaged probably longer than i've been alive and all they have to do is print to save the day like they did in the GFC for example, if i was a competitor to the US like China or Russia or Brics members etc i wouldn't be happy with the $US as the reserve currency i would prefer a more real money like Gold/Commodity backed type of universal money and to be honest, even being an Aussie i would prefer it too, i don't see why anyone should be allowed to cheat when others can't, doesn't really seem fair to me.

I think theres one positive though, it's not as if we're shaving the sides of real silver coins or gold coins we are diluting the fake money, fiat money, printable money and America still has all the gold in the vault to the best of my knowledge, unfortunately we've had PM's and Treasurers in Oz that have sold loads of our gold at cheap prices, not as bad as Brown did from England i suppose but still we haven't got much left in the vault but we do still have deposits in the ground at least.

And whats Albo talking about saying China wants to change the world order or something?
    What does China want to change it to? I'd be interested to see what they be proposing, maybe a journalist could ask Albo what China is proposing so we all know whats going on out there in the real world. Any thoughts @poyndexter ? or anyone?

Not up to date on the insulation properties your wondering about and i do hope your Lobster prices are rising.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.