ECT 0.00% 0.4¢ environmental clean technologies limited.

Weekend Reading.

1. 3,126 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 345
    from  todays  Australian

The proposed Carmichael coalmine in Queensland has suffered another blow, with ANZ Bank effectively ruling out financial support for a project that could cost the Adani group of India up to $16 billion.
    ANZ chief executive Shayne Elliott said after yesterday’s annual meeting in Melbourne that the bank’s exposure to coalmining had halved to about $1.5bn over the past two years.
    “It’s pretty small and trending down and I can’t see a time where we’d suddenly see that trend shift, to be honest,” Mr Elliott told The Weekend Australian.
    While funding for Carmichael was not specifically ruled out, the ANZ chief’s comments are not consistent with participation in any funding package.
    National Australia Bank said in September last year that it would give Carmichael a wide berth, saying the bank was “not involved and has no plans to be involved in any financing” of the mine.
    ANZ’s strategic shift away from coal is highlighted in its 2016 sustainability review, released earlier this week. It notes that 40 per cent of the world’s electricity comes from coal-fired power stations, and that coal remains a cheap and reliable energy source. However, a low carbon transformation of the power sector was under way.

That  last  sentence  from  a  BIG  bank  is  Heartening

In  Hindi  खुशी की बात   

2. 741 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 51
    If your not here to make money what the hell are you doing on a financial forum.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ECT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $11.10M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 265954 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 265955 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 07.11am 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ECT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.