XJO 0.12% 7,822.3 s&p/asx 200

i understand that there have been three other occurences - 1929...

1. 4,361 Posts.
    i understand that there have been three other occurences - 1929 as already mentioned - and again in 1926 and 1927.

"On June 14th, 1926, the Dow had been up 18 of the previous 20 trading days. The next day the Dow declined 0.5% then immediately advanced 11.2% over the next two months.

The next streak ended on July 30th, 1927. There was a short-term top on August 2nd that led to a decline of one 1/2 weeks, then the Dow advanced 12.3% over the next month.

The next streak, and in fact, what would turn out to be the last such streak in the Dow for the next 78 years ended on July 8th. Because there were four consecutive trading days, July 3, 5, 6, and 8, that saw the Dow advance 18 of the previous 20 trading days, it was the only streak we are aware of over the past century where 21 of 23 trading days saw prices advance on the Dow. That streak was followed by a virtually flat market over the next month, then a very strong and final advance of 12.8% in only three 1/2 weeks ending on September 3rd, 1929. That date would turn out to be one of the most important tops in the history of the Dow.

The important point to draw from the statistics, however, is that the upside price momentum evidenced by these streaks were followed in every previous case by rallies of at least 10% sometime over the next few months."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.