Weekend STT Lounge: 22-24th Aug, page-16

1. 7,626 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 249
    The whole idea of "playing" the market is to increase one's net worth over several years or decades.
    Most frequent traders barely make ends meet....A good few weeks followed by a drought.
    Trading flimsy speculative names with no earning or cash flow will never make one rich ,specially if you fall in love with them & falsely believe they are blue chips.
    I am not saying we shouldn't trade them , rather not to get distracted from the main game of increasing net worth.
    I sometimes wonder that the large plethora of tips here that are mainly obsessed with speculative resources outfits may be counterproductive.
    Admittedly ,there is a large number of winners ,but mostly fleeting & not sustained ..Moreover , it can not accommodate a large herd entering & exiting at the same time ,because of the miserable MC of the vast majority of these outfits.
    There is no substitute for good businesses that are making money & growing.....One can safely trade them.
    Jesse Livermore summed it up "The professional concerns himself with doing the right thing ,rather than with making money ,knowing that the profit takes care of itself if the other things are attended to"
    I am learning to do "the right thing".

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.