A lot of genuine people posted some pretty genuine responses. I...

1. 213 Posts.
    A lot of genuine people posted some pretty genuine responses. I think that the reality for most here is that the market is about the accumulation of wealth over time rather than getting rich overnight and avoidance of the risks attached to that.

When I minted my loss on SGH in February I was devastated even though I thought that I had prepared myself for it through writing my investment off in my mind for quite a while. I found it really difficult to concentrate for a fortnight or so and completely lost my composure for that time. For a time after that I found myself making poor errors during research where I often had to check and check again to make sure that I hadn't miscalculated/misread something as my mind would often wander. When you mint you extinguish all hope however it's only then that you can start to heal.

More recently I missed a crucial detail by not reading an announcement of a stock that I own (QNL). I'd been preoccupied with entry/research into others at the time. As a result I've sold out of two positions in the last week and am looking to exit a third because the whole situation tells me that I'm trying to do too much and spreading myself too thinly. I need to focus more on what I own and I need to go back to basics again.

From a lot of the responses you can see that if you make a mistake you just need to want to and take steps to change. Everything else will follow.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.