Weekend thread 3/11/2017 Melbourne cup tuesday, page-47

1. 6,069 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 294
    Strengths that get us through and good stories.
    Reading the amazing stories this week I think the people that came out showed toughness. Not the toughness like punching someone out but the toughness to not give in and come back from the darkness.  Investing and life in general require certain traits to succeed.
    Apart from my many weakness's I have a strength or trait of never stop learning, searching and exploring.  So many people I know just give up and stick with the job they hate the boring life and just cruise till one day they die.  Trading wise I have tried many different approaches and listened and learnt from many on STT.  One continuous learning and journey and at times you stuff up big time, but so what.  Life wise I tried a new sport a few years ago and loved it.  Land sailing great bunch of guys and when I started out many people were giving me tips and advice bit like Hotcopper. What I noticed tho was the most verbal ones usually were not the best at it.  After a while I asked the questions and sought out the advice of the guys that won all the time. They were great giving advice and tune up tips which I tried.   Spent most of the first year crashing and experimenting. Last season absolutely creamed it won State Championship, Club and selection to go to worlds in Germany next year.   Overheard at presentation. One of the guys said to the past champ, Bet your pi--- off he beat you.  The past champ and my mentor said.  It is fantastic he is the only one who has ever asked me questions and tried what I suggested.  
    Never stop asking the questions, never stop trying something new, you do not have to be the best in the world just do your best.

I hate horses, they bite kick and my wife had them for years just expensive manure makers.
    Song for a friend who was buried this week

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.