XJO 0.48% 7,951.2 s&p/asx 200

Hi Treggs,Great logic and advice there!Im not sure if this has...

1. 174 Posts.
    Hi Treggs,

Great logic and advice there!
    Im not sure if this has been mentioned prior but here are some additional methods i use when trading :

1. With any potential share i take a holistic approach both technically and fundamentally. I like looking at where the particular index is for a particular share. I take a very cautious approach to purchasing if its nearing a support or resistance level and will always wait to see if the support / resistance holds.

2. I also look at the asx200 index again for the same reasons in #1

3. After many years of technical trading i have reduced my unprofitable trades on a number of occasions by taking into consideration the most common US and Australian announcements that can have a high impact on share markets ( eg : unemployment figures, inflation rate, consumer confidence etc etc )
    If one of these market influencing announcements are near then i have a wait and see approach. It's amazing how much damage to ones trades these announcements can do if they fall outside the range of what economists have predicted...

I just hope this may help some people in regards to how they trade as i have benefited considerably via the amazing amount of valuable information from those who have unselfishly given input into this thread over the years.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.