XJO 0.81% 7,971.6 s&p/asx 200

weekend thread, page-26

1. 17,444 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 57
    Andrew

Please forgive me if you think I was denigrating your approach to cycles via Hurst.

It is just that I can't seem to get it to work for me.

Yes I am playing with some new software that uses an "averaging" technique although I can't help working on its ability to be specific if demanded, lol.

I do agree that patterns just rhyme although amazing how close they can get. I still maintain that individual cycles are precise and it is only when "averaging" that you need to allow some space.

I can't come to grips with a "cycle" that is 10 months followed by 14 months. I just don't see how I could use that.

As for what comes next, I have said that I can see 2011 or part of it as very bullish as I have mixed signals.

In spite of all that, action seems to support my overall view about the next few years, and everything is going to plan, although I have this nagging feeling about being more like 1950 even though that first rally (in 1949) was much more powerful than 2009. I am a pessimist remember and that means more about expecting to be wrong rather than expecting markets always to go down.

Technically, we should be much like 1990 and so far so good, AND if we look at the 1810 period we also look good, but yes not every time period matches so I expect, as you suggest, that it won't be as clean and neat as so many expect.

I guess in the meantime, as long as the action behaves as expected then I should be like Afred E Neuman and "Wot me Worry!", but can't help myself. Perhaps those that just follow the wiggles sleep easier and I certainly won't fight the market.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.