HTW heartware limited

weekly chart with notes, page-2

1. 3,690 Posts.
    Just to add some more charts which may be met with cheers or derision.

I have got sick of the newspapers talking about the "stampede to the doors" in the sharemarket especially when I could see many stocks trading on extremely small volumes. So to put things in perspective I have made up these two charts of the "weekly charts with notes" that I have posted today.

The first shows the percentage of total shares traded during the last month and also the percentage loss during the last month.

Thus, for example, we have COI where only 0.6% of its total shares have been traded during the last month but there has been a 38% reduction in price.

My conclusion from this is that it is very tightly held where 99.4% of the shares haven't even been put into the market. Of course this doesn't take into account recycling ,trading of shares etc.

There are many different interpretations of the data but I fail to see the "stampede for the doors" on many stocks.

Photobucket

The second chart is a demonstration of liquidity. I am making an assumption that if I compare the amount of shares traded during the last month to the largest amount traded in a day it will give me some idea of liquidity.

Again using the example COI. 634,093 shares were traded in the last month while in a single day during the last 12 months nearly 2 million shares were traded. Therefore on the chart this is represented by 33%.

Again there are plenty of other interpretations but I find it interesting.

Photobucket

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HTW (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.