G'day Mirren, hope you had a good weekend. "but also do wonder...

1. 1,598 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 157
    G'day Mirren, hope you had a good weekend.

"but also do wonder does everyone research their picks.. or just stick to charts - out of interest-"

Great question, and its part of the reason I am here.

Been just an f/a man for the last 4 or 5 years, interested in charts only the past 8-12 months.

Decided to get more heavily involved in them recently as I have to go back to the real job soon after 4 months of day and short term trading. It has been successful so I don't want to walk away from it completely.

Because I wont be able to sit at the desk and keep an eye on all the happenings every day in real time, I figured i need to find a way to be able to research at night, put my buy orders in for the following day/week and or set my sell/target price in advance with some degree of confidence.

I guess the answer to your question is yes, I f/a any long to medium term hold.
    For a d/t or s/t, because I don't feel that confident with any of my charting skills yet I still do a bit of f/a on them, read the threads to try and get some sentiment and try to stay in the hotter sectors with volume so i can get out if I need to. But definitely trying to work towards the point of setting my buys and sells at targets without having to watch the damn IRESS all day

o/t

Feel like its Christmas for me tonight, got 2 in trading halts and 2 in suspension, expecting news off all of them early this week.
    Will Santa deliver gold, gold, blockchain and blockchain or coal, coal, coal and coal!?!!?

Just on the PIO chart above. (I don't hold nor am I looking to enter)

I know there were the 3 black crows but thought the wick on the last down day was too long for it to be classed as the third crow? So the bullish Harami is in play.....maybe? Guess I will find out tomorrow.

Thanks for the help everyone and good luck for the coming week.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.