HZR 4.29% 33.5¢ hazer group limited

WEF article makes perfect case for Hazer without knowing it

1. 1,079 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 402
    I don't think I've seen the case for Hazer made better - even if unknowingly - than in this article from the World Economic Forum website (late May, found today), "Why hydrogen could be the future of green energy", which also predicts spiralling demand for graphite. The author is Managing Director of the Clean Air Fund, Jane Burston.

It's clear the potential for both hydrogen and graphite is enormous, and that current production methods are neither very suitable nor acceptable. And here, hiding in plain sight, is Hazer, which has the solution to both.

It's rather depressing being deep in the red, but this article is a great piece of perspective. It also highlights the urgency with which Hazer's story needs to be told. It has global media potential, in my view - one for the popular imagination too, not only the financial press in Australia. I hope Hazer's appointed Thomas Murrell for that reason.

Here's a few excerpts from the WEF article:

- "Our demand for energy keeps growing. Analysts forecast our energy demand in 2050 will be 30-40% higher than today, even assuming we become much more energy-efficient."

- "The high-energy-density batteries that are used for both storage and EVs are causing concern around whether the supply of raw materials needed to manufacture them will be able to keep pace with their rapid uptake. According to BNEF, graphite demand is predicted to skyrocket from just 13,000 tons a year in 2015 to 852,000 tons in 2030, and the production of lithium, cobalt and manganese will increase more than 100-fold. This is already creating pressure on supply chains and prices - and on the people working in these mines, often in incredibly poor conditions."

- "Currently, almost all of global hydrogen (96%) is produced by reforming methane (CH4), a process which ultimately produces carbon dioxide. To be sustainable, this production method would need to be deployed with carbon capture and storage, which is itself in need of further development.

"Electrolysis produces no carbon emissions. Yet the amount of hydrogen that can be produced using this method depends on the cost and availability of electricity from renewable sources. A report by the Royal Society suggests that electrolysis may be better suited for vehicle refuelling and off-grid deployment rather than for large-scale, centralised hydrogen production."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HZR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
33.5¢
Change
-0.015(4.29%)
Mkt cap ! $77.08M
Open High Low Value Volume
35.0¢ 35.0¢ 33.5¢ $25.51K 75.66K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 13525 33.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
34.0¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HZR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.