RMD 0.97% $32.78 resmed inc

Q: Is GLP one about to disrupt sleep apneaTX Hi, this is Bing. I...

1. 48 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Q: Is GLP one about to disrupt sleep apneaTX
    Hi, this is Bing. I can help you find information about glp1 and sleep apnea treatment. GLP1 is a hormone that stimulates insulin secretion and inhibits glucagon secretion. It also has a number of other effects, such as reducing appetite, improving blood pressure and protecting the heart¹. GLP1 has been used as a drug to treat type 2 diabetes².Sleep apnea is a condition where breathing stops or becomes very shallow during sleep. It can lead to poor sleep quality, fatigue, headaches, depression, high blood pressure and an increased risk of cardiovascular disease³. Sleep apnea can be obstructive, central or mixed.The most commonly used treatment for adults with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (OSAS) today is CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure), which is a positive pressure treatment with air given on a face mask that covers the nose. The treatment leads to the abolition of the breathing pauses, normalization of sleep and improvement of daytime function.There are some studies that suggest that GLP1 may have a positive effect on sleep apnea in patients with type 2 diabetes. One possible mechanism is that GLP1 may reduce inflammation and oxidative stress in the airways, which are involved in the pathogenesis of OSAS. Another possible mechanism is that GLP1 may promote weight loss, which is an important factor in improving OSAS.However, there is still limited evidence for the effect and safety of GLP1 on sleep apnea, and more and larger clinical studies are needed to confirm these results. Therefore, it cannot be said that GLP1 is about to disrupt the sleep apnea treatment, but it can be a potential supplement to the existing treatment.I hope you found this information useful. If you need more help, just ask me. Source: Conversation with Bing, 6/9/2023(1) Obstructive sleep apnea - The medical handbook

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RMD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$32.78
Change
-0.320(0.97%)
Mkt cap ! $20.91B
Open High Low Value Volume
$32.74 $33.07 $32.74 $34.25M 1.041M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1267 $32.78

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$32.82 2077 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$32.87
  Change
-0.320 ( 0.67 %)
Open High Low Volume
$32.77 $33.07 $32.77 531228
Last updated 15.59pm 17/05/2024 ?
RMD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.