weight training, page-37

1. 7,761 Posts.
    Fluffy,

I just put out a perfectly good gym system on the nature strip for the hard rubbish collection - it was gone in half an hour. I bought it for my son who was going through a testosterone challenge as a teenager and thought it was an ideal place for him to work off his hormones. They gave me an extra set of weights which are now gracing the boundary of the property - stopping the Tibetan Spaniels from digging to China.

Sorry I digressed. Getting back to the gym system, although you probably need a degree in engineering to put it together, it is an ideal workout system and works not just your biceps, but a whole lot of other muscles as well. When not in use I used to put one of the horses bits over the handles to keep them together to reduce their space footprint. Worked a treat. The new owner did not get the bit.

There are also so many other things you can do to exercise and maintain fitness - walking the dogs, walking the farm and checking the cattle (if you are lucky enough to have one). Has a bonus effect of keeping the cattle calm as well when you later want to handle them. There was also the washing line diet - but I was never a fan of that one as I don't like walking around in circles. Swimming is also good and you often get to meet people at the pool. ;-) Oh, you probably are some distance away from a pool, and you're unlikely to meet people at the dam, although you may meet the occasional black snake or tiger snake which can be rather disturbing at the best of times. The benefit of that is you learn just exactly how fast you can run if you have to.

Anyway, all the best with your exercise plan. I've just spent 4 hours in the garden and feel great.

Cheers,
    Tangrams

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.