GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

weimar - not what you thought......., page-16

1. 804 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    I reckon you are asking the right questions Pug

"China and the US and gold and the aussie dollar and Australia."

Where are all them balls going to land?

Half my brain (I only have a little more than that) is still with the deflation story that has gold as money and as a wealth preserver and maybe even selling off as it did before if real money has to be used in a big crisis to pay of debt again.
    I still can't get the idea of investing in gold (Marc Faber is the same I think) and whilst I'm all for hyperinflation I think that is some way off.

I'm up on some junior goldminers but my punt on NCM is still in the red - so I'm not sure about the goldmining story either (where's this big breakout?) I think maybe a bit of patience over the next six months will be rewarded tho' but lets not get too excited I reckon about PMs and goldmining in whats thought to be the biggest deflationary bust up of all time.

And although I have PMs in the Perth Mint, and they are on the light side of the Force if you look closely, if the crisis hits the fan here bigtime it wouldn't take much moral angst for our politicians here to get their fingers on this Gov. owned business in one way or another to save me and their voters from my greedy self.

So its cash is King still - they can still tax term deposits I suppose to get the velocity of money up or whatever. The AUD may fizzle bigtime comparatively once China has stockpiled half the ore in Oz. But still I think the B4 will survive and its all about return of money, and preserving money now and I reckon if you can do that then in a few years time you will be a lot happier.

I rather like the cycle stories. Read this yesterday about the Big Rollover where Russo makes a case for the big winners are those who are still standing and have the cash

http://www.thedailybell.com/

Overall tho I'm a bit like you Pug - wish I could read something that relates to my own position as outlined above - the rest of Oz may just as well be on another planet as far as I can make sense of the stuff I read in the Press or online here.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.