AKP 0.00% $6.20 audio pixels holdings limited

I only saw an edited part of the video - and Yuval goes between...

1. 1,140 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1064
    I only saw an edited part of the video - and Yuval goes between two windows on his audio application, one being 'Recordings' and the other being '5BIT'. You can see the mouse pointer clicking on the 5BIT tab.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4784/4784266-4c59443dfba212ee2d41eca9e8c7a5c6.jpg

Bitrate correlates directly to sound quality - 5bits is 32 possible values per sample - which is awful quality. With every bit, the sample range doubles. CDs are 16-bit, which is 65,536 samples. And DVD is 24-bit which is 16,777,216 samples. Massive difference.

So what is Yuval doing playing samples at 5BIT? IMO, it's about something other than sound quality - if it were, there are two additional tabs, 7BIT and 10BIT, and he would have used those instead - but that's still not CD quality even then. So what is this software?

The video presentation has something to do with the effective frequency range, as he auditions different sound frequencies and talks about the chip's ability to produce sound through the frequency spectrum.I didn't hear the sound recording part of the video, but if it were auditioned at the same bitrate as the basic waveform, the music would sound grainy and rubbish.

But, no one knows the context of that video recording, as we haven't been told - and no one knows when it was done or for whom.

So, if you want to conclude that it was all about sound quality, that's your prerogative. IMO (only seeing part of the video), he's doing a technical presentation about frequency levels, and audio quality isn't a consideration. I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of these types of videos were exchanged between Audiopixels for EM (or other partners) due to COVID restrictions over the last few years.

Good luck all

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.