OXX 0.00% 0.6¢ octanex limited

Been looking at the 2010 Annual Report available on the OXX...

1. 2,090 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 560
    Been looking at the 2010 Annual Report available on the OXX website.

There is a log of the Parker 1 Discovery compared with the Wilcox Discovery which is analogous.

Tried to copy and paste it here but my computer skills are not up to it. This log was in a number of Annual reports up until 2010 but then not after, but it is worth a look. Perhaps someone with better skills than I could post that log here for all to see.

As I research more I am convinced that you are right kastin, in that they are yet to enter the Triassic Mungaroo.

I'm sure that they are about to do so shortly with the
    6 3/4 inch bit.
    As you say the claystones and water-bearing sandstones of the Brigadier would satisfactorily explain away the gas and water influx.
    All good so far.

We need to remember that this discovery has 40m of net play is in what now I'm convinced is only the Late Jurassic.

Wilcox 1 which Parker is analogous to found 141m, of net play in the Mungaroo. Check out the log in the 2010 Annual Report.
    If this was to be repeated with Winchester then we would be into serious stuff. Biggest risk as I see it is that these lower levels are found to be water wet. But Parker wasn't so I'm not too pessimistic.
    Below is a copy and paste of a section from the 2010 Report regarding condensate.

"As well as providing a gas log
    comparison to the Parker-1 well gas
    shows, the Wilcox-1 well provides
    encouragement for the concept that
    the Winchester Prospect may contain
    a liquids rich gas. The comparative
    gas log data suggests that gas from
    the Wilcox-1 well carries 66 to 79
    barrels of condensate per million
    cubic feet of gas. Such a ratio would
    be a highly attractive element in any
    decision to test the feature, as the
    liquids would constitute a value in
    excess of the value of the gas."

Wanted more from the Progress Report today but nothing to be disappointed about. Just preparing to drill ahead and these things take time.
    Glad when this is over though, so as to give my fingernails a chance to recover. Lol.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OXX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.