Welcome to The Green Nightmare, page-526

1. 27,598 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 23
    "Solar panel’s are black and shiny aren’t they?
    They reflect heat and sunlight upwards?
    The idea of solar panels is to reduce emissions and stabilise our climate?

This attempted cure for our reliance on fossil fuels with these panels has some good points but they also add to the “heat island effect” which in turn raises temperatures around them, reduces potential rainfall and effects traditional rainfall patterns across our population areas and farmlands."

Solar panels are black so I imagine they would absorb more heat than they reflect.
    There used to be a panel that was a combination water heater and photovoltaic that used the water to cool the panels as they lose efficiency when they get too hot, not sure what happened to them.
    The popular roof colour these days with all the new homes around here is dark grey, I'm sure that would make the houses hotter in summer.
    I recently built a new house and fitted a white roof to reflect the heat.

What about all the air conditioning exhausts in the city and suburbs how much would that increase the urban heat island effect.
    Several years ago an audit of weather stations in the US found that 80% of all weather stations were within 25 meters of a heat source. (Air condition exhausts, electricity sub stations, sewage digesters)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.